Come join us for a day of learning about homesteading and farming!
The event on-site camping at the farm (spaces limited) on Friday night.
Schedule | Friday
5:00 – Check In at the farm
Lets share and learn about how to be more self-reliant by raising more of our own food. Here are the topics, each with practical experience to go with them:
1) Preparing beds – see our BCS walk behind tractor in use as we prepare the beds using a low till approach
2) Planting garlic – learn the basics of planting garlic. Get your hands dirty and put what you just learned into practice as we plant garlic together. We’ll provide the garlic.
3) Sugar snap peas / beans / tbd – learn how and actually plant sugar snap and then trellis the peas. We’ll have everything ready for you to help make it happen.
4) Economics of starting a homestead – we share the real costs of starting our farm, with Q&A
5) Starting a community garden
Schedule | Saturday
8:00 – Breakfast (provided) and Check-in
8:30 – 12:00 – Practical classes / demonstrations / hands in dirt
12:00 – Lunch (provided)
1:00 – 3:00 – Practical classes / demonstrations / hands in dirt
3:00 – 4:00 – Economics of starting a homestead with numbers from our farm
4:00 – 4:45 – Starting a community garden
4:45 – 5:00 – Wrap up / final Q&A